The Municipality of Grandview
Living Here

Add a Notice  |  View Notices

Burn Permits

Posted: May 5, 2022

Reminder to all residents that a Burn Permit is required for all crop, stubble, grass, brush, and structural fires.

Burn permits must be completed prior to lighting the fire.


Burn permits can be obtained from the

Grandview Municipal Office at 531 Main Street or calling the office at 204-546-5250. Permits are free of charge and require a signature from an authorized officer.


Permits will be issued for a 2-day length,

with a maximum limit of 4 permits/day.


Bonfire pits do not need a permit at this time, but please burn responsibly.Pits need to be covered, with a minimum of 10-foot clearance from all structures and combustibles.


Please note that burn bans can be placed at any time.

Any active burn permits will be cancelled during a burn ban.


Failing to obtain a burn permit is an offence

subject to a penalty of up to $1000 plus associated costs.


Help keep our community safe!


Jeff Safronetz – Fire Chief – 204-648-4679

Lance Hazlewood – Deputy Fire Chief – 204-572-6199